Changes in an employee's situation

The following situations can affect contributions to the Québec Pension Plan.

Part-time work

As soon as you have paid more than $3500 to a part-time worker over the age of 18, you must collect the proper contributions and remit them to Revenu Québec.

Work in another province

If one of your employees works temporarily or permanently in another province, you should contact Revenu Québec about contributions to the Québec Pension Plan.

Temporary work outside Canada

Apply for a certificate of coverage from our Bureau des ententes de sécurité sociale. You and your employee will save money because the certificate makes it possible to pay contributions to the Québec Pension Plan only. Some conditions apply.

Agreement on contributions during phased retirement

An employee between the ages of 55 and 70 may want to reduce his or her hours worked without negatively affecting his or her future pension under the Québec Pension Plan. The employee must reach an agreement with you to continue contributing to the Plan as if his or her pay had not been reduced. It may be that a worker's conditions of employment or the provisions of a company pension plan do not allow for such an agreement.

Early retirement pension

As of age 60, an employee who made sufficient contributions can draw a retirement pension under the Québec Pension Plan and continue to work on a part-time or full-time basis.

Top of page