Planning Your Retirement
If you are a member of a public-sector pension plan, you already have a headstart. However, it is essential you learn more on retirement, and you take the right action at the right time.
Your approach to planning your retirement should be the same way as when you plan all your other life projects, such as your plans to study, travel, buy a home or purchase a car. Your retirement goals will see full fruition if they are in line with your needs. You must assess, plan, calculate and you save accordingly.
Jump start your retirement planning!
Throughout your career
- Consult the various sources of information available:
- Find out how to plan your retirement in
5 easy steps.
- Learn more about the
Québec Pension Plan.
- To maintain your standard of living in retirement, it may be necessary to round out your income with
other supplemental pension plans or your
- Consult your
statements of participation in
My Account, simple and personalized tools to plan your retirement! Other information, documents and tools are available in your personal file to make the steps you take easier. Consult your file to find the various services offered; it's simple, fast and secure!
- Consult the brochure
Destination Retirement. It provides a wealth of information that can guide you throughout your career. It touches on situations that may have an effect on your public-sector retirement pension: buy-backs, the breakdown of a union, disability, preventative withdrawal and termination of employment.
- Consult the various
documents regarding public-sector pension plans (RREGOP,
PPMP, etc.) as well as those regarding life events (breakdown of a union, death, etc.). The information they contain could lead you to take actions that may affect the amount of your public-sector pension plan or even, in certain cases, the date on which you could retire.
- Sign up for our
INFO.RQ and MAG.RQ newsletters and
follow us on social media to receive information and news on Retraite Québec and its programs.
- Take part in an information session planned in collaboration with your employer and Retraite Québec:
- Plan for your retirement and determine how much you need to save with our retirement income simulation tools.
In the leadup to your retirement
- First visit
My Account to consult your personalized information and make the steps you take to plan your retirement easier. Log in whenever it is convenient for you to:
- receive and consult your documents online rather than by mail
- see your estimated retirement pension and the amounts you could receive in the event of death or disability
- make calculations using the tools for financial planning for retirement
- file and track certain applications
- sign up for notifications to receive a notice by email and/or text message in case of changes made to your file or when a document has been uploaded.
- Learn about
sources of income at retirement:
Sign up for our
Retirement Planning Information Session (RPIS)
The sessions are for all members of public-sector pension plans who plan to retire
within the next five years. The RPIS provides a wealth of useful information concerning public-sector pension plans, and the Québec Pension Plan. It also provides information on certain legal, psychosocial, financial and other aspects of retirement. This information will help you make informed decisions.
Simulate your retirement income with the help of our online tools:
You have made your decision! You are ready to move forward with your retirement project. To find out how to receive your retirement pension, consult the information related to the pension for which you want to apply: